[Article Recovered from Hacked Autonomist]
In my article, "Making Yourself Free," I briefly described seven ways some people have and are making themselves free ...','none','In my article, "Making Yourself Free," I briefly described seven ways some people have and are making themselves free:
- Expat method.
- Permanent Traveler method (PT).
- Financial Isolation/Insulation method.
- Minimum participation method.
- Public/private identity method.
- Redneck backwoods, "Claire Wolfe," self-sufficiency, method.
- High risk methods (do what you like, avoid getting caught, be prepared to pay the penalty).
To that list I now have to add another, the frugalista method.
Wendy McElroy's four part series on her "Frugalista philosophy," describes a very sound and practical way to establish your own individual freedom. It combines a lot of the "backwoods, 'Claire Wolfe' self-sufficiency" method with the minimum participation method, and her series provides good practical suggestions on how to implement the frugalista philosophy.
Does it work. It has for Wendy. This is what she said in another post, "freedom came about three years ago when I made a commitment to economic independence and the frugalista lifestyle. And it just keeps coming."